Sooner or later you will purchase a new computer or you will find the need to re-format your current computer. Moving all your programs and getting the new computer up to par with the old one is no easy task.. Here is a small guide on how to move our products (and your data) to a new computer.
- Start by performing a backup of your database using the Backup function in the program. If you have more than one database you need to backup all of them.
- Copy the backup file to the new computer. If you do not have a network you can use a USB stick, burn the file to a CD, or something similar.
- Remove the license key from the old computer. Do that by clicking the Remove License button in the About-dialog. Open the About-dialog by pressing CTRL+F1 or clicking the <i> button in the toolbar.
- Install the program on your new computer and enter your license key. Note that the license key will stop working unless you remove it from the old computer first.
- Restore your database from the backup file you created earlier. Do that by using the Restore function in the program.
That’s it. Hope this was helpful.